Friday, October 16, 2009

Soaring--

These past two days have not passed without me shedding tears.
It's painful, but I know this time of testing is needful.

As I was sitting outside at the patio this morning, just talking to God about all that's happening I saw a sight that really encouraged my heart. As I looked up to the sky overhead, to my delight, I saw an eagle. The eagle was flapping its wings really hard as it tried to rise up in the sky. It continued flapping its wings for some time till it reached a point where it started to soar upwards. It was soaring in circles, upwards. As I beheld this scene, I could see myself there.


Sometimes in our life, it seems like we are in a trying period. But during those times, we need to put in the hardwork and persevere in flapping our wings because after the night comes the break of dawn. There will be light.

Other times in our lives when it seems that we are going in circles and always having to deal with the same problem, remember, yes, though you may be going in circles, you are still soaring higher and higher into the sky.

The Lord's dealing with me, I know it. Lord, please continue Your work in me till You please. Take me. I will follow Thee my Saviour, wherever the pathway may go.

No comments:

Post a Comment